Being an old player in the web hosting industry, Liquid Web has seen the growth and drastic changes that happened in the last two decades. Liquid Web started providing its services in 1997 and currently, it serves to more than 37,000 customers from over 130 nations.
Proudly supporting 1 million+ websites on its servers, Liquid Web has kept its services customer-centric without running after the numbers. The strong customer support and regular security and service updates made it possible for Liquid Web to stand tall in the overcrowded web hosting market.
Liquid Web Review 2020
Since its launch in 1997, Liquid Web has now 5 data centers spread across the globe. The company has more than 250 experienced administrators, engineers, and technicians who are working 24/7 to keep the servers up and running.
The faith and trust Liquid Web has gained is recognized by the fact that not only freelancers and small enterprises take services from them but well-established brands like Motorola and The Home Depot are its customers for years.
Liquid Web Features
For any web hosting company there are certain features that make then unique and desirable. Here is the list of top features which Liquid Web proudly flaunt with its packages.
- Free Migration: Moving out from the old service provider is never easy. It takes good knowledge of the server you are moving from to the server you are moving on to and not all customers are well versed at it. The engineers at Liquid Web are available for all customers to move the websites quickly and efficiently at no extra cost.
- Automatic updates: Generally web hosts only update the core software installed on your website but leave the plugins which create a vulnerable loophole. Liquid Web has a strict policy for security under which it regularly updates the core software like WordPress and plugins as well automatically.
- Multiple site management tools: On most of the packages Liquid Web allows you to host more than one site. There are special tools to manage different websites from the admin panel.
- Free SSL: Nowadays it is important to have an SSL certificate installed on your website to ensure the encrypted flow of the information. They provide free SSL for every package.
Liquid Web Hosting Plans
Liquid Web has divided its services into 10 categories as follows:
- Dedicated servers: Famous for their high-end dedicated servers, Liquid Web provides packages starting at as low as $199 per month in which you will get a 4-core server with 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, and 5 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS Hosting: For affordable private space, VPS hosting is the best option. At just $29/month you can get 3 GB RAM, 40GB space and 10 TB bandwidth under the smallest package available with Liquid Web.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud Hosting is a cluster hosting service used by app developers and large enterprises. You can get the services of a single processor starting at just $189 per month. If the available three packages do not suit your needs you can ask for a custom package as well.
- Private Cloud: Ideal for large enterprises, private cloud services are also available with Liquid Web.
- Server Clusters: Starting at just $743 per month, Server clusters provide the best solution for app services.
- Managed WordPress hosting: Under a Personal package, you can get 20 GB space with 5 TB bandwidth at just $29 per month.
- Managed Woocommerce: For e-commerce websites, Liquid Web offers high-end services starting at $249 per month.
- Cloud sites: If you have multiple sites to manage, this is the best service for you under affordable pricing.
- Web hosting and email services: The company offers fully managed web hosting and email services as well which are ideal for startups and mid-size companies.
Liquid Web Speed Test
Speed is an important aspect of fast-growing internet markets. The server response time majorly depends on the health of the server and the hardware along with the software installed in it. For a website hosted on Liquid Web servers a 480 kb page opens in approx 410ms which is better than most of the competitors.
Liquid Web Uptime
Liquid Web promises 100% uptime and for the majority of the customers, they fulfill the promise. In case some problem occurs, the engineers swiftly act and make sure the website(s) go live instantly.
Liquid Web Security
Liquid Web has both manned and software-based security in all data centers. The company regularly updates the hardware and software of the servers to keep them safe from malware attacks, hackers and DDoS attacks. All data centers have power backups, ISP backups, raised floors, water and fire safety equipment and other important security measures intact.
Liquid Web Pros and Cons
Pros of Liquid Web
- Liquid Web offers a wide range of plans that will suit your needs perfectly no matter if you are a freelancer or a large enterprise.
- The company offers the best customer support in the market via different channels including email, live chat, and phone support.
- Liquid Web is among very few web host companies that guarantee 100% uptime and they stick to the promise as well.
- Liquid Web provides free SSL certificates with all packages which you can upgrade to premium as well.
Cons of Liquid Web
- Knowledgebase looks cluttered and sometimes it is difficult to find the solution to a regular problem in the knowledgebase.
Liquid Web offers a special discount for our blog readers only. You can get 35% OFF and 3 months free hosting on managed WordPress hosting and Woo Commerce hosting by using our coupon code “WPRESSBLOG“.
Liquid Web Alternatives
As an alternative to Liquid web, you can choose WP Engine, WPX Hosting or Bluehost.